Thursday, December 16, 2010

Rovers squad starting to come together

Sligo Rovers have today announced the signing of Joseeph Ndo on a one year contract that will keep him at the club for the 2011 season.
With this signing added to Derek Foran, Danny Ventre, Mathew Blinkhorn, Gavin Peers, John Dillion, Allan Keane and Eoin Doyle already being signed up for next season it seams Rovers are retaining the spine to the team.
Sligo Rovers have also been in talks with Richie Ryan but things don't seem so good on that front with the player saying if Rovers do not improve the contract he will have to look for football abroad.
In an interview with the evening herald the player said
"I'd like to think that I had a good season for Sligo this year and I'd like to see that rewarded in a new contract, but unless they can come up with a better offer I don't know if I will be able to re-sign.
"I am not being greedy or looking for crazy money off the club.
"I know the financial situation in the league and in the country in general so I don't think I am out of order in what I am looking for.
"I will have a think over the weekend and go back to the club early next week, we're still talking to each other, I would like to stay as I have enjoyed it at Sligo, but all I want is to be rewarded."

Other rumours coming out of the club is that they are interested in signing Conor Powel and if this true it would be a great boost for the Rovers defence.

No comments:

Post a Comment